Monday, November 2, 2009

The View From Porchville - Ain't it Grand?

Well hi again! How about instead of sending postcards, I show you around the place a little this morning?

Come on in, grab a cuppa joe and take a little walk around the homestead with me - and remember, you can click on the pictures to see a larger version and click on the links (words in grey) to learn more about those particular things.



Here's a nice view of the Bradshaw Mountains from the front corner of the house. These mountains were first settled by Yavapai Native Americans.

The Saguaro cactus would wave, but he hasn't grown his arms yet...



And here are a few more desert flora we can say howdy to this morning - some fish-hook barrel cacti:



more fish-hook cacti:



and a cute little family of hedgehog cacti - just don't pet them!



From the back porch we can look at Thumb Butte in the Tonto National Forest to our heart's content:



and gaze happily at the mesas changing colors throughout the day...





Well, that's a quick look at the view - be sure to come back soon for more because you never know what you'll find around here!

3 comments:

Claire said...

Hi there!!
I finally got to check out your blog.
Oh i want to come visit your ranch!
It looks just like I imagine a ranch should look!
And that picture of the moon. Wonderful.
I am a little America obbsessed at the moment, my dream is to come and travel round when my boy finishes high school. He wants to move to LA to get a record contract and ive told him his old mum will come live there too and stalk him (from a distance of course, but be there if he needs me, haha).
I LOVE your style.
xx

Malayka said...

Wow your ranch looks beautiful!

Roxy (aka Hamilton Honey) said...

Thank you girls! I should clarify that this is not really a ranch (though I do live right by a couple of them. It's an old saying here in the states "Meanwhile back at the ranch..." And also the title of a delightful children's book.

It's all about "what's been going on at home/with me"

Thanks for stopping by and saying hi! Stick around for more to come :)