Monday, February 8, 2010

May I Have This Dance?


Well, tonight was another new 'first' for me - I just had my
very first
dance lesson!

So, I decided I should wear some red for confidence:


Then I bravely drove past Table Mesa Road, Moore's Gulch and Deadman's Wash to the FatCat Ballroom, where I had several minutes to calm my nerves before meeting my instructor.

Happily, Ren is the type of gentleman who made me comfortable right from the start and honestly, I felt lighter than expected and less clumsy than I expected, too. Although my left leg seems to learn slower than my right leg, we seem to have gotten off to a pretty decent start, and I can hardly wait to learn more!

I just can't tell you how lovely it is to finally be learning at least some basic foxtrot, and how to *follow* on the dance floor - it's better than whipped cream, I tell you! Delicious!


Well, I'll never be Ginger Rogers, but I sort of felt like this for a few brief moments - whee!


4 comments:

PADDY said...

Gosh Crystal!! your resemblance to Ginger Rogers is uncanny!!!

(PS: How did you load up that video straight onto your Blogg site?).

Dance classes sounds fun, fun, FUN!

Redhead Sadie said...

Congrats to you for doing it! I hope you continue to have fun fun fun!!!

Lolita Haze said...

Squee I am so excited for you!!

Roxy (aka Hamilton Honey) said...

Thank you Girls! I'll be seeing you on a dancefloor real soon :)

Paddy, hehe you are too funny and so kind! (The video upload was easy - right next to the picture icon when typing your post - I am also using realplayer on my comp[uter which lets me download videos from the web and save them to my computer as well)