Tuesday, February 2, 2010

You've Got Me in Stitches!

A very big 'Thank You' to Jenny for inviting me to her vintage gals' Sewing Circle this week! this lovely lady just made me so welcome the first time we met at the Orpheum's Silent Saturday, and then this Monday I was quite chuffed to be her guest in her adorable little house and have a good 'girl chat' and do some sewing related things.

Patterns were traded, linens were pressed, and I cut out this 1940's mail order jumper dress from a piece of navy linen blend fabric. I don't know yet whether I can bring myself to cut up the piece of 'V for Victory' feedsack for the blouse - perhaps I'll see if I can find a patriotic looking rayon print instead...



If all goes well, I plan to take a few dance lessons and wear the new outfit to the upcoming 'Night in the 40's Dance'held March 20th at the CAF (Commemorative Air Force) Museum - I hear this event is not to be missed! Looking forward to seeing you swingin' Phoenix Folks out there!!


(If the sewing works out as planned, I promise to post pictures of myself in the aforementioned outfit. If not, you'll get pictures of me in something else. C'est la vie!)



2 comments:

PADDY said...

THAT looks absolutely fantastic!! you, young lady, are going to have such a BALL...!!

mre said...

Wow wow wow! Very cool, milady. :D